Feb 7, 2024 1:28 PM
- Samples to be sequenced
- PCR tube (for one samples) or PCR strip tubes (for multiple samples)
- 15 mL conical tube
- Quantify the concentration of DNA in each sample using the Qubit BR dsDNA kit.
- Dilute sample so that there is 30 ng/µL concentration with a volume of 10 uL into a PCR tube.
- You need 300 ng of DNA in the 10 µL so you need to find the volume needed from the sample.
- E.g., Qubit output = 42.6 ng/µL to find the volume containing 300 ng you divide 300n g by the concentration and will get the volume of sample needed = 7.04 µL
- The remaining volume to get to 10 µL should be water.
- Ask Dr. Wheeler to submit the sequencing order on the Plasmidsaurus website.
- Label the tube (or first tube of the strip tube) with the 3-character code indicated on the receipt.
- If you are shipping more than one tube, label the first tube with the 3-character code and on the second tube write the strip number (if submitting multiple strips).
- Do not add anything else to the labels.
- Package the samples by placing a piece of Parafilm around the tubes to ensure that they do not open during shipment. Then put the samples into a protective box.
- If one sample, place it in a 15 mL tube.
- If multiple samples use a small box.
- Ask Dr. Wheeler to prepare a FedEx shipping label and fill out the mail services eForm to request a pickup.
- Place the prepared samples in a FedEx envelope with the shipping label and leave the biology office for pickup by mail services.
For one sample, the DNA should be diluted in a single PCR tube. For multiple samples, you should use a PCR strip tube.